Friday, September 21, 2007

OVERWHELMED!!!

So at my work all the departments are going through a changes. Lets see ~ in Sales and Marketing there was a opening, and same with Accounting, and in the Returns department (that's where if someone needed to do a exchange or just wanted return a gown they would go through returns...) Well 3 girls from customer care got the Returns postion so we have now hired 3 new customer care girls(we are fully staffed again-hooray) and then 1 other customer care girl got the Accounting position. I would have applied if I knew there was an opening. But I did apply for the Returns but obviously I did not get it, but that's okay. I'm actually relieve - I hear its pretty stressful and you get yelled at a lot so as I said I"m relieved ;p And because so many girls left customer care we had to change all the responsibilities around and as I said before the girl that got the Accounting position she did alot of the work in Customer Care and now guess who is doing her work... Yup you guessed right ***ME*** I really did not think she did that much but WOW she did and now I will. I'm just use to answering phone calls but now since I have all that stuff to do I'll most likely be off the phones making phone calls. So what I do now is pretty much call customers back with answers to their special length gowns or fabric orders, I do any follow up work that needs to be done. I'm in charge of all the orders that are put on holds and then I also believe I'm in charge of updating our works Internet - I haven't been told yes or no on that one but I think I am since I took over all that girls stuff and she did that so thats why I believe I'll be doing it. And also if any order is running late from our factory I have to find out why and when it will ship and I track shipments for shops and so on.... I think I'm ready for it. I've been there for a year and 2 months so I know what I'm doing and its just so much and I just had a day to learn it all. So I hope I do a good job and yeah...
I see some pluses with all these new responsibilities: 1) I can get more over time, 2) that the shops will get to know me better and will become a little nicer ;p 3) I'm off the phones more 4) people in the company will get to know me better as well and 5) better chance for a promotion! So even though it is A LOT more work than normal and I mean A LOT MORE I believe I can do it and if I get to over whelmed I have a helper that can help me on those really bad days ;p And to be honest with you ... I feel like I have an actual job now. Not one where all I do is answer phones all day long.

No comments: