FLIGHT TO DENVER, ATLANTA AND COLUMBUS:
We got back from our wonderful trip to Georgia on Friday. And I'm sad to say, I miss it there already. I hated absolutely hated leaving without Todd. It was so nice to see him and spend time with him again after not seeing him for 10 long weeks. And Allie just lit up when she saw Todd. I was so worried about her being shy and not wanting to be around Todd like she is when she's around my dad, step dad, step brother, and brother. But with Todd she was just happy to see him, it was like he never left.
Well we left on Tuesday the 17th at 8 in the morning. It had been a while since I had been on a plan and as we were taking off I almost had a panic attack. I hate taking off and landing. It scares the crap out of me and ever since 9/11 I am not a big fan of flying either. Once we got into the air I finally calmed down. My mom wasn't too excited about me panicking like I did. Allie slept through the whole flight. It was so nice. I was hoping she would sleep on all the flights. Ha! Yeah right!!! We then landed in Denver, CO and had about an 1 hour 15 min over lay. Not fun I tell you. The flight to Atlanta, GA was a much better flight. It had a little TV for us to watch and it was just nicer. The seat next to me was empty so we let Allie have her own seat on the way to Atlanta. She loved not having to sit on my lap the whole time. She looked like a big girl sitting all by herself. If I can remember right Allie fell asleep about an hour before the plan landed in Atlanta so she did well on that flight as well. The last plane was to Columbus GA. It was only 28 minutes long. Crazy huh? Allie slept close to the end of the flight. Silly girl. All in all she did really well on the flight(s) over. The Columbus airport was so small. When we went to get our luggage and rental car I saw so many soldiers. It was so neat! Made me super excited to see Todd. After we got our rental car, which I hated driving. It was a Hyundai Sonata. It was super long and big and I just felt weird in it. I told Todd that we are never getting that kind of car. He agreed with me. Anyways... after we got the rental car mom and I got lost trying to find our hotel. So I had to use the GPS on my phone. Which was a lifesaver. We used that thing the whole time we were there! We plan to buy one that will stick on the dashboard of our car when we move to Georgia since it's so helpful!!! Well an hour or so after our plane landed we finally found our hotel, which by the way was in Alabama. So now I can say Allie and I have been to Alabama. Once we checked in to the hotel mom, Allie and I went straight to bed. We were so exhausted! I didn't sleep well that night though. I was too excited to see Todd.
Allie and I on our first flight together. How exciting!!
At the Denver Airport waiting for our plane.
Allie loved looking out the windows of the plane.
On our last flight I got to see the sunset. And it was so beautiful!!!
On the way to Columbus Allie fell asleep while eating a piece of chicken. She held onto that chicken the whole time until we landed then it fell out of her little hand.
FAMILY DAY:
Family day finally arrived. The day I got to see my husband!!! Mom and I woke up early so we could get to the barracks on time and make sure we could get a seat. But we drove around the base looking for the place we arrived with 10 minutes to spare :) Thankfully they didn't start right on time. While we were waiting for the soldiers to come out we saw another group marching out in the field and they were chanting these funny army chants. Things like "goodbye drill sergeant" and stuff. One of the drill sergeants announced the program and then announced the men. How awesome it was to see them come out in their A Class uniforms. They all looked so handsome. I couldn't wait to see Todd. When they were able to go to their family members it was like finding a needle in a haystack to find Todd. We looked all around for like 5 minutes. We finally found him by the flag pole talking to another soldier. He looked so sexy in his uniform! I was so proud of him. Allie just gave him a hug smile like she was saying "hi daddy, I love you". Todd and I had to go to a meeting which was for married soldiers and their spouse. It was pretty boring. It was stuff I already read about but they still made us listen. After the meeting we went and took Todd to lunch. Nothing big... McDonalds. But boy did he miss civilian food. After lunch we dropped off mom and Allie at walmart so Todd and I could have some time to ourselves. I was so thankful my mom was there to be with Allie so Todd and I could spend time alone. After we picked up mom and Allie we headed over the the Mall in the area and just walked around. Todd helped himself to an Orange Julius and some peanut butter cookies. It was like he was in heaven. I can't remember where we went for dinner that night? But after dinner we had to drop Todd of back on base by 8pm. I didn't like that. The day went by too fast.
Other soldiers that morning. I first thought that was Todd and his fellow soldiers but when I asked him he said no.
The Drill Sergeant giving his speach
First family picture since Todd left. What a spiffy looking bunch
Todd enjoying his Orange Julius and peanut butter cookie
Here is a cute video of Allie laughing at Todd. He would shake his head and she found it super funny. She was laughing so much she got the hick ups.
GRADUATION DAY:
Now this was such an awesome day! Mom and I woke up much earlier and we got to The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center, where the graduation was being held at, by 8am. The graduation didn't start till 10am. But we wanted to make sure we got a good parking spot and seat. Before we left I decided to take a blanket for Allie and I just in case they held it outside. I read that Fort Benning held theirs outside often, so I just wanted to be prepared. Well I am so glad I did. Man was it cold!!! We were sitting in bleachers and in the shade for an hour. Burr!!!! Anyways right as we sat down a soldier asked if I was married to a soldier and I of course proudly said YES. He told me that there was a class in the museum for the spouse that started at 9 and went till 930. So I went. And it was stuff I've already knew and researched but it was nice it hear it again. By the time I got out of it and headed back to my mom Todd's brother and sister in law arrived, Robby and Carrie. It was so nice that they were able to drive down from Virginia to be there to support Todd. A little after 10am the program began. It was so amazing. My mom ordered the graduation video that they had for sale. I can't wait for it to arrive here so I can watch it again. It was just an amazing experience to watch! My favorite part was when they did an reenactment where soldiers came out of smoke and there was gun fire off the distance (of course it was blanks they were shooting). But it looked so real and so cool! The crowd just started cheering and screaming when the soldiers started charging. It was amazing! I am so proud of our soldiers and what they do. I am so proud of my husband! I love him and he is just an amazing guy! After we found Todd we took pictures and then we dropped mom and Allie off at Robby and Carries hotel while Todd and I went off on our own again. Todd and I had lunch and just enjoyed our time together while we could. I wished we had more time. After we met back up with the family we headed back onto base to the PX Mall. Wow!!! That place is pretty cool. I hope Fort Gordon has one like it. Its like a Walmart but its a Mall. Its really nice. Then we had dinner at Red Lobster and then we had to take Todd back. It was so hard saying goodbye. I didn't want to let him go. I only got to see him for 2 days it wasn't fair I wanted to be with him longer. But he kept reminding me that he'll be home next month for Christmas. So its not too far away. But it still sucks that I had to leave Georgia without him. I miss him so much. As the plane was taking off from Columbus, GA I started bawling. I couldn't believe I was leaving my husband again. It gets harder each time I leave him. Being an army wife is such a hard job. I'm so glad I had my mom there with me. She really helped me so much on this trip. I really appreciated everything she did for me. You are the best mom. And I love you so much for that and for everything you did!
The Army Marching Band. They were pretty amazing
Lexie, Robby, Braden, Carrie, and Mom. All watching the marching band play
American soldiers through out time. Look at the different uniforms
More of the different uniforms. The last one is the present uniform
Here is the cool part where the soldiers came out of the smoke
And here is where they were about to charge. It's like they were about to charge at an enemy.
One half of the soldiers from the smoke. On the other side of the field is another group like this. It was just an awesome show.
The drill sergeants with the flags
Todd's platoon. If you look closely, Todd is on the front row 5th line over. He's the short one on the front ;p
I love this picture of the three of us!
Todd with his Drill Srg. Thompson
Todd in front of the The National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center
Allie and Lexi. This is what Todd and I saw when we came back to get mom and Allie. Aren't they so cute.
Allie playing with daddy. She loves him so much. It was like he never left home :)
Me and Todd having our last meal together at Red Lobster. I miss him so much!!!
Allie at the Columbus, GA airport waiting for the plane to arrive.
The train at the Atlanta airport that we had to ride a few times. Allie had fun on it
Allie with the teddy bear I bought her from the PX store right by Todds barrocks. She absolutely loves that bear. She kept cuddling with it on the plane and in the airports. She has a matching TShirt to go with it as well.
HOOAH!!!!









3 comments:
Congrats to all you! Glad you got to see your hubby again that's so great. :D Sounds like quite a trip :D
Wow, I love all the pictures! You guys look great and it sounds like Allie was a great traveler too. I'm so glad you were able to go to his graduation, even if it was only a couple days, I bet it was well worth it. I love the countdown time for Todd to come home! It's soon...yeah!
We truly feel grateful we were able to be apart of this amazing accomplishment for you guys. It can only get better from here. At least the time is getting closer till you guys are at least living together again:) Todd told me on the way to Fort Gordon the hardest part is to say good bye to you and act tough so it's not so hard on you. He LOVES you so much. You guys are a great team!
Post a Comment