A week ago (Sept 26th) I took Zachary to the eye doctor because Todd and I have noticed that his right eye tends to wander off every now and then. I was a little concerned about it plus it creeped Todd and I out, so off to the doctor we went. The doctor said that he does have a lazy eye but in both eyes. At this point he doesn't need glasses so we are going to try the patch to "train" both eyes. What we do is put 1 patch on one eye for an hour a day and then do the same thing but on the other eye and so on and we do this for the next 3 months. Then when we see his doctor on Dec 29th we will see how his eyes are and he'll (the dr) determine if Zach will need glasses or surgery. And as for the patches go Zachary doesn't like them but he's starting to get use to the fact that its part of his daily routine now. He just hates it when we take it off because its like ripping a band aid off. Poor kid.

Waiting for the doctor to come see baby boy

Check out the cool glasses they gave Zach since they dilated his eyes

Day one of the patch
No comments:
Post a Comment