So yesterday I woke up at my usual time 7:30am to get ready for my morning walk. Well we ended up not going on the walk because my neighbor had a doctor appointment later and didn't want to get all sweaty so we decided not to go. Well around 8:30am I started cramping for some reason. I figured it was because of the morning/evening walks from the other days and from my hips moving so I just didn't worry about it. Well a couple hours later the pain increased to the point were I was in tears. I ended up taking Allie to my neighbors so she could watch her so I could get some rest without Allie climbing all over me ;p I slept for a little while but I just couldn't get comfortable because the pain wouldn't go away. I was starting to get worried and scared. I thought about going to L&D but decided against it because I had plans earlier that afternoon. Anyways... long story short, my neighbor (Ashley) pretty much talked me into going into Labor and Delivery because by 5pm my pain still hadn't gone away. So Ashley drove me to the hospital. Well I was there for about 4 hours and the doctor concluded that I either have a UTI or kidney stone but is pretty sure I have a kidney stone. He's pretty sure I have a kidney stone because I have blood in my urine and the cramps are in the lower half of my belly and are around my back. I wont know about my urine culture until Saturday so I've got some waiting on that but if it is a stone all I can do is let it pass. I'm still in a lot of pain right now - I do have some drugs for the pain but I don't really want to take them because they are narcotics and I don't want them to affect the baby. I remember Todd and his kidney stone and I just pray that I don't have one! I will be following up with my OB next week so hopefully I'm in better shape by then.
But on a happier note: I took a tour of where I'm going to be delivering today. Its a small hospital but its nice and the tour made me want to have this baby so much more :)
California trip with Two Babies
2 months ago









No comments:
Post a Comment