Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Military Doctors

Sure are a pain!!! I had my appointment yesterday and she did another ultrasound and said everything looks fine. I also asked her to confirm that our baby is a "boy" - and he is :) After the ultrasound the appointment was over. She didn't let me hear the heartbeat or measure my belly. Back home when I was pregnant with Allie I got to hear the heartbeat every appointment and then she'd measure my belly to see how I was growing. So I don't get why my doctor here doesn't do that? I was talking to my mom and she said maybe it has to do with the fact that I get an ultrasound each visit and she doesn't need to? But I still don't know? Its a bit unsettling for me though. After the initial appointment she called me into her office and she "talked" to me for about 10-15 minutes about things. She is having me get a Level 2 ultrasound (not really sure how different that is from the ones I get in the doctor office?) at 20 weeks and then doesn't want to see me again till 2-3 after I get that ultrasound. I thought that was weird that she didn't want to see me at all the month of June. But maybe since I'll be seeing another doctor for the other ultrasound she thinks I'll be fine. Hey whatever floats her boat, right ;p

Anyways, as for me I'm still doing well. I've been sick off and on but nothing compared to like it was in the first trimester (thank heavens!) I've been feeling him move so much more and I am loving it. He moves all around. One minute he kicks up at the top of the uterus and then the next he kicks by the pubic bone ;p He sure is an active little guy. We still don't have a name for him yet but have probably narrowed it down to 2 or 3. Allie still doesn't understand that there is a baby in my tummy but she loves kissing my tummy. And I love it! I need to get a picture of it but I'm always too slow. I'll get it one day ;p

7 comments:

Andrea Campbell said...

My doctor did an ultrasound just because at one of my appointments and didn't measure me or listen to the heartbeat either. I think they don't need to if there is an ultrasound. When I had my 20 wk ultrasound, he didn't have me stay for an appointment because everything looked good. Thought this may make you feel better. So excited for you!!!

Vaylene & Jordan said...

If you want to listen to the heartbeat you should speak up and ask for it. I was kind of the same way and just let things slide. This is your baby and your body. It won't kill them to listen to a request. Don't let them be lazy!

Doug and Lisa said...

My doctor doesn't start measuring my belly till I'm at least 20 weeks, so maybe when you get a little bigger your dr. will start :).

ANeibaur said...

We definitely need photos of your baby bump :)
Im glad all is healthy and well!

Melinda said...

I'll post pictures soon :) Probably at 20 weeks so stay tuned. And hey ladies thanks for helping set my mind at ease a bit.

Brandon and Julie said...

Well I am glad everything is looking great and that you will get a great ultrasound on your next visit. I love that Allies kisses your tummy, Claire always is tickling the baby, she will say "tickle tickle" and then giggle. So cute how they are.

Carrie said...

We are so excited for you guys and the news on the BABY BOY!!! It'll be fun Melinda, shopping for all new baby boy clothes and decorating a new boy nursery. Just like your doing it for the first time AGAIN:) Lets get together soon and go SHOPPING!!!! I totally feel your frustration on the doctors not listening to the heart beat. That is the best part of the visits. Oh well it's all still exciting:)