Well its official. Todd and I now have a church calling. We got set apart today and we will start the callings next Sunday. My calling is a Primary teacher for the ages 4 -7 (but mainly 5 years olds for now) and Todd's calling is the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's and assistant scout leader. When the bishop first told me my calling my heart about jumped out of my chest. I have a hard time speaking in front of people let alone teach. I'll be teaching with another teacher. That way one will teach one week and the other teacher will teach the next Sunday. So I am a little nervous for this but...I'm excited. Now Todd and I can get to know the ward better and hopefully I'll get over my shyness.
I am so happy that we are in the ward we are in now. Its been a good ward for the both of us. Our last ward we were the youngest couple there and we didn't feel very welcomed there. But with this ward - it feels right. Todd and I have become pretty good friends with two couples in the ward and I'm hoping more. And we are working towards getting sealed in the temple next August. So everything is working out just right :o)
California trip with Two Babies
2 months ago









2 comments:
congratulations on the new church callings, you will love primary, I do at least. you will do great. Also congrats on an August temple sealing, that is fantastic. good luck with everything
Patrick and I taught primary for a year and it was really fun! The kids are much smarter than you think. I am in the YW Presidency now and I have to teach every sunday. It took me awhile, but I think I am finally getting the hang of it and I'm sure you will too!
Post a Comment