So most of you know how I have the "contact dermatitis" at the moment - where I'm allergic to the tape they use to hold down my PICC line, well sometime over Saturday night I ended up scratching at my arm and ended up pulling out my PICC line (without knowing BTW). Now the tubing that sticks out of my arm is set to 4cm and when I saw it Sunday morning I thought crap!!! I thought I pulled it to like 15cm but when I saw my nurse on Monday morning she said I'd pulled it to 24cm (and the whole tubing length was about 33/35cm) so I pretty much pulled it out all they way. I ended up going to Ft Carson where my OB is to see what she wanted me to do with it since my nurse couldnt do anything with it without a dr note. So I ended up getting fluids done through an IV in the clinic - they had to poke me this time since they couldn't use the PICC line, first time being poked in 2 months (boo!!) and once the fluids where done I went and got my PICC line out. Now it was pretty funny when the guy went to take it out, he started to clean the area and the tubing just fell out of my arm, thats how I know I pretty much pulled it out myself (LOL).
 |
| This is what my RIGHT arm looks like as of right now - post PICC line |
Anyways... I was able to get a new PICC line yesterday (12/12/12) and I am so grateful for it!!!
 |
| My new PICC line in the LEFT arm |
Tuesday night into Wednesday morning I ended up throwing up almost every hour. It was a rough night for me and so I'm grateful that I'm able to be back on my fluids. It just shows me that I still need them and am not ready to be done with them - kind of sucks but I gotta do what I gotta do to stay healthy. I actually weighed myself today to see if I lost any weight from all the throwing up I did ... I am now 109lbs, Tuesday I was 111lbs, so I lost 2lbs :o( oh well. Hopefully now that I'm back on the fluids I'll start gaining again ;p Wish me luck!!!
1 comment:
like i said strong woman, i would have cried like a baby :) definite inspiration for my next pregnancy
Post a Comment