Well this pregnancy is pretty much like the last one (before I miscarried), how I was sick 24/7, always throwing up, going to the doctors for fluids, etc... We (as in my doctor and I) tried many different anti nauseous pills to suppository ones to the Zofran pump (which seemed to make things worse) and I still was throwing up many times a day. I had lost quite a bit of weight, for my size, and the doctors were starting to worry. I was 117 pre-pregnancy (and let me tell you, I was proud and excited to be that much!) and the lowest I got to was 104lbs. After the Zofran pump failed we finally decided that it was time I get a
PICC Line and that way I don't have to keep going to the hospital for fluids. For those that don't know what a PICC Line is in my definition: its a permanent yet temporary IV that I have in my upper right arm and will have it till I'm better - or can go without fluids and not puke days later. I got my PICC line on 10/19 and seem to be doing better. I do IV fluids (electrolytes + phenergan) every other day, and I do all the hooking the fluids/IV thing, myself. I do get my dressing (the tape that covers the PICC line port) changed once a week and that's done by a nurse since I'm too scared to change it myself. But since getting the PICC line I've gained some weight back. Last time I was at the doctors I was 107 and today according to the scale my mom has I'm 111 :) so we are slowly getting there!!! I have started feeling baby kick - started feeling her last week and have LOVED every kick!! I can't wait for Todd and the kids to start feeling her.
 |
| The Zofran pump - only had it for a week and sent it back |
 |
| this is what my picc line looks like |
 |
| This is the "port" where the tubing actually goes into my arm, up my shoulder and into my chest. |
 |
| Lately I've developed an allergy to the tape they use to cover the "port" - its called contact dermatitis. This is just a picture of what my arm now looks after the rash is starting to clear up. |
 |
| This is the new tape they are using thats for sensitive skin. I still have some itching but not as much as I did before |
2 comments:
Have all of your pregnancies been hard on you or just the last two? I'm glad that you are starting to feel better and are gaining weight! :) Congratulations again!!
I'm sorry you are sick. My friend had hyperemisis gravidarum last year while our husbands were deployed. I used to take her to get fluids every few days. Except they wouldn't so anything to help after giving fluids. Congrats!
Post a Comment