Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zoo Fun

Yesterday we went to the zoo with my good friend, Kim. She has a pass so with it being pretty much the last day of good weather, we decided to "use" her pass and head to the zoo after Allie was done with school. The kids had a blast. And it was so fun to see Allie into the animals this year.


Allie was able to feed a few giraffes.

Their tongues are so gross and long

Such interesting creatures

Checking out the Giraffes

Pot belly pigs, just laying around enjoying the warm weather

Lemur I believe

Cute little black monkey

In Australia Land - we see the Wallabies

Another Wallaby and something else, not sure what that animal was?

Family shot (with A's ketchup face ;p)

Z man checking out the Peacock. Those birds were everywhere and weren't scared of us humans at all.

A beautiful tiger!

We were able to watch the tiger get in the water and play with his toy and just go out for a swim. Allie really loved watching him in the water.


Here he is drying off and he was turning to "spray" and the stroller/Zachary was right in his way. Luckily neither Zach or the stroller got hit though.

Mountain Lions (I believe)

Porcupines

A huge moose with some friendly turkeys running around

Penguins - such cute birds

Beaver

Hippo

The Komodo Dragon. I wasn't too excited to take his picture due to the fact that a HUGE white snake was next him.

Check out how funky looking this chicken is. I love his feather colors though!

Mommy with her newborn - isn't he just so cute!!!!

This monkey kept watching Allie and Zachary while he ate. It was pretty funny!!!
 
Mommy Orangutan with her baby that was born a few months ago.

1 comment:

Mum said...

I like the komodo dragon picture but luckily can't see the HUGE white snake - it blends in with the sand I guess. You are braver than me, I wouldn't have even gone into that pen or section !!!