Friday, January 6, 2012

More Doctors - Yah Us

Last week we took the kids to see their eye doctor. Now I was kinda nervous about this appointment but it went well for both kids :O) Allie was checked out first. She did great except for when the doctor wanted to dilate her eyes she sorta freaked out. The doctor did notice her eyes had a little tendency to want to look away while looking forward, but its nothing too serious. He just wants us to keep an eye on her and have her checked out again in 6 months. As for Zachary, his eyes haven't really changed. The doctor and I talked about what we should do next and he said if he were in our "situation" he'd do the patching for another 3-6 months. So I decided to give patching another try and then in March we'll see if there is any change if not then we'll schedule Zach for surgery. I know I said back in September I'm not too worried about him doing the surgery well I lied. I'm scared of him being knocked out and just the whole surgery itself. He's my baby and its scary!! So I'm praying I do better this time. I have people reminding me to do it so cross your fingers for us!

Allie's cute glasses from the doctor to protect her eyes after being dilated.

And I finally got the results to my EEG that I had at the beginning of December. Now I have been praying and praying for it to come back with good news seeing that I have been seizure FREE for SEVEN years. And to me that's a freaking long time!! So my doctor called me and told me that my EEG still showed seizure activity. I was like "are you sure??" Now I just don't get it? How can there still be seizure activity and I'm not having seizures? But then I remembered my very first neurologist mentioned that my headaches and migraines could be classified as "partial" seizures so in reality even though I'm not having the shaky kind of seizure I'm still having one when I have a headache/migraine. And my doctor reminded me on the phone that's pretty much whats going on, but would go into more detail at my next doctors appointment. UGH!!! I just hate life sometimes!!!
Oh and to add the that frustration I have been having some pain for about a week and decided it was time to go to the doctors. Well they couldn't get me an appointment so I ended up at Urgent Care on Wednesday evening. After a negative UTI test and a pelvic x-ray we found out that my IUD has moved. I also had a ultrasound today but the tech wasn't very helpful. So I now have to get my IUD out and either get a new one in or find another for of birth control. I'm just having a hard time getting into my doctor because she is the only OB in the clinic at the moment and I cant be seen until February 1st and I was told when an IUD moves out of place it can cause problems or I could get pregnant (and we don't want either!!!) so I'm in the process of finding an off post doctor and its hard.
Oh during my ultrasound the tech showed me a huge ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I was like great not only do I have to worry about my IUD now I have to worry about my ovary, ugh!! I've had 2 cysts before so welcome #3.

3 comments:

kayleigh said...

My iud moved after being in for three months, and it had actually glued itself to my uteran wall, and my body dissolved the strings. The dr was so amazed. He said he had never ever seen anything like it in his whole career. That is where my experiences with IUD stopped. It seems everyone I know who has had one eventually has issues. Maybe it's a sign!! lol! Hope everything goes well for you and the babies from now on!!!

ANeibaur said...

Wow sounds like your having some hard times! I'm so sorry Melinda. I hope the patch works for little zach. I can't imagine how scary it would be to see your baby go into surgery. And good luck finding a new doctor, it sounds like your going to need it. If you need anything, even though I'm far away, let me know!! ♥

Brandon and Julie said...

Melinda! I am so sorry to hear about all the doctor stuff, which i find hardest, because of all the waiting and lets see business. You and your kiddos will be in our prayers! Hope the patch works, surgery on those babies is tough for the mommas! Love ya tons!!