Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'll Cry If I WANT To

So I had my doctors appointment today and it didn't go how I wished it had. I had to have the group b test done (no biggie ;p) and then my doctor started the ultrasound and she tells me right off he's no longer head down. I'm like "you serious???" She said yup and showed me. I was so upset. He's been head down the whole freaking time and NOW he decided to flip a couple weeks before my induction date? I don't get him??? UGH!!! Well then she measures him and he's measuring at 3lbs 14oz. At 32 weeks he was 3lbs 5oz so he only gained 9 ounces in 4 weeks. I'm so scared about his weight. Allie was measuring around 4lbs 14oz at this point. Its so frustrating!!! I'm having him in about 3 weeks what if he's not even 5lbs?? Yeah my hospital has a NICU but I am scared to leave the hospital without my little boy. I asked what I could do to help him gain weight and she said there's nothing really I can do at this point. Even if they hook me up to a bag of sugar and pump it into me (or other high calorie foods) it wouldn't help. I feel like a terrible mom that I cant help him. I'm so upset I can't stop crying. So to sum up my appointment:

*He's not really growing like he should
*He's now breech and if he's still breech on the my induction date I have to have a c-section (which BTW I'm scared to death about)
*I haven't started to dilate but with him being breech that's understandable

I see my doctor again on Tuesday (12th) and I'll be getting another ultrasound. I'm praying he'll have gained weight and will have flipped but only time will tell I guess. But for now all I can say is this sucks big time!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry your appointment didn't go well. He still has plenty of time to flip again so I would try not to stress. There are also a lot of things that you can do to encourage him to flip, did your doc talk to you about that? Little exercises and stuff like that. The pregnancy group on CM will be able to give you more ideas if you want.

And I've also heard that the weight measurements that they do on baby can be off by 2 pounds, so hopefully that's the case here and he really is bigger.

*hugs* I hope you get better news at your next appointment.

Patrick & Amber said...

I'm sorry - I hope things go better at your next appt. My dr. was more than a pound off with Lyla's weight.

ANeibaur said...

Oh Melinda I'm so sorry your going through this. I can't imagine how scary that must be.
I hope he is able to gain the weight he needs to before he is born, and that you don't have to go through with a C-section.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there :)
I'm sure he will be fine, if only a little on the small side for a while.